- 6 oz all-beef patty ( I used organic ground beef)
- 1 oz fresh mozzarella
- 1 tbsp basil pesto
- 1 tsp avocado mayo (primal kitchen)
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (for mixing with diced tomatoes)
- Burger buns ( I used Dave’s Killer Burger Buns)
- Preheat your grill or stovetop grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Season the all-beef patty with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Drizzle avocado oil over the patty to prevent sticking.
- Place the patty on the grill and cook for about 4-5 minutes per side or until desired doneness. During the last minute of cooking, add the fresh mozzarella on top of the patty to melt slightly.
- While the patty is cooking, prepare the basil pesto mayo. In a small bowl, combine the basil pesto and avocado mayo. Mix well until fully combined.
- In another small bowl, mix the diced tomatoes with balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Set aside to marinate.
- Once the patty is cooked to your liking and the cheese has melted, remove it from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes.
- While the patty is resting, lightly toast the burger buns on the grill.
- Assemble the burger: Spread the basil pesto mayo on the bottom bun. Place the patty with melted mozzarella on top of the mayo. Spoon the marinated diced tomatoes over the patty.
- Top with the upper bun and serve your delicious Tomato and Fresh Mozzarella Burger!
Feel free to customize the burger by adding lettuce, red onion, or any other toppings you prefer. Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend with this tasty burger recipe!
Macros Per Burger: Carbs 33.2g Fat 35.8g Protein 33.5g
Total Calories 582