Let’s talk summer workouts! These happen to be my favorite. Why? The sun is out early and you can get out their and enjoy the beautiful weather and a workout before the busy day ahead of you. For me and early morning run 5-6 days a week and some cross training 2-3 days a week is what fills my cup. Here are somethings to help you get excited for your summer workouts!
- find what workouts you enjoy doing. I love the peloton app and tread. I love at home workouts but if “at home” workouts are not your thing, there are fitness studios in every small town, and city, most of them offer a free class for the first time….go test the waters and see what is going to be a good fit for you!
- find a workout buddy. Whether it’s a significant other or a friend…hold each other accountable and be clear on what your goals are and how you will hold each other accountable (times of workouts, checking in, etc).
- probably one of my favorite things to do, get new sneakers (and some new workout cloths only if needed of course)!! But really, not just because I love buying running shoes, you want to make sure you have the support you need. Think of your shoes as tires, they only get some many miles before they start to loose their bounce, support, tread, etc. Find your local sporting goods store and they will help you. My choice is Fleet Feet Pittsburgh!
- Staying Hydrated. We are sweating more in the summer, not just when we are working out but when we are in the heat. Make sure you are refueling with electrolytes and water! I only recommend products and services I love and the vegan certified Truesport hydration from Arbonne is my absolute favorite for an electrolyte drink!
- proper sunglasses for running/working out and SUNSCREEN! Protect your eyes and your skin when in the sun! My pick for sunglasses would be Goodr! The are affordable and effective! I have sensitive skin and the only sunscreen that doesn’t make me break out is Arbonne’ ABC kids sunscreen! It’s been doing my skin good for the past 7 years and I have to share!
So here’s to the first day of summer and many amazing workouts and summer runs ahead for you!
Have a blessed Summer Friends!