You can sub Zucchini for the Hot Peppers!
- 1 lb of lean ground turkey
- 4 Large, Fresh Hot Peppers cut in half (will make 8 stuffed pepper halves)
- Grape seed oil (or any high heat cooking oil)
- 3 small cloves of garlic-minced
- 1 level tablespoon fennel seed
- Pinch Black Pepper
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 cup low fat ricotta cheese
- Clean the hot peppers by cutting off the stem and removing the seeds and membranes from the inside. Set them aside.
- In a large skillet, sauté minced garlic in a thin coating of high heat cooking oil over medium heat until fragrant.
- Add the ground turkey to the skillet, along with dry spices. Stir the meat to make sure the spices are evenly mixed. Cook until the meat is almost done.
- Take the meat mixture and put it into a large mixing bowl. Let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of low fat ricotta cheese to the mixing bowl and mix thoroughly with a fork.
- Use the same fork to stuff the hot peppers with the meat and cheese mixture.
- If you’re using sauce, place a thin layer of it in the bottom of a baking dish (such as Pyrex). Place the stuffed hot peppers in the dish and add a little more sauce on top.
- Bake the hot peppers at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-40 minutes.
- Enjoy your delicious stuffed hot peppers!
Macros for 2 Peppers with organic marinara sauce: Calories 252/ Carbs 22g/ Fat 4.5g/ Protein 36.4g